Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bags? .... No! Home? ... Yes!


  I last saw my bags 3 days ago in Columbo, Sri Lanka.  I last saw my home (and my wife)  26 days ago.  I am home without my bags.  That's just fine; I'm very happy.
  It took 33 hours for me to get back home; I'm exhausted, ill (from God knows only what), but very happy to be laying my head down upon my own bed.  Dorothy was right, once again.

  These past few weeks have been a travel experience that will stay with me for a long time.  You cannot see India without being changed.
  Thanks for your virtual company along the way.  It meant a lot to me to know you were there.

2 comments:

Candyce said...

So glad you made it back Jeff! Were were only in St Louis for a few days and it felt good to be home as well - can only imagine how good it felt for you! Hope they can track your bags down soon!

Madeleine said...

We're so glad you're back too! Thanks for sharing some of your experiences - and for leaving out some as well.

There is no place like home and so happy you're back with Patty & us!