Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not to Worry ..... It's Only Shanghai




This won't be much of a post today since the Internet connection is quite a bit less than "good". I haven't been able to access the ULV website since I arrived here either so I'll use this message to say I have not been "Shanghaied" in Shanghai. The requisite picture of the city at night is above with a contrasting old photo of The Bund (taken in the 1920's). It's difficult to find any of the city as portrayed in Spielberg's "Empire of the Rising Sun". The old city is quickly being torn down to make way for skyscrapers. Buildings under 3 stories in height just don't exist.

I'm alive and well, but very tired from the pace of the last two days. We were part of a HUGE education fair last evening, in which I handed out more then 40 kilos of our brochures! I am hoarse and weary this morning.

Today will be spent visiting and making presentations at international high schools and private language schools. The distances between schools combined with the gridlock of traffic has caused us to spend the majority of each day we've been here on our chartered bus. I've seen much of the city this way, but it wears on you after several hours.

We have an early call tomorrow(Saturday) to make out way to the airport for the flight to Tokyo. The Internet connection at the hotel there is reported to be excellent, and free! I'll catch up with posting some pictures for you then.

The name "Ruh Vuhn" is not a common phrase yet in Shanghai, but it has been (has tried to have been) uttered more in the last two days than any time in history.

No comments: