Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Saw - Ree .......

Thanks for looking in on me, and I apologize for disappearing from your radar during my first week of travel. The pace of the tour and the fog of my jet lag have kept me from getting up a new post.


The first few days in Shanghai are a blur as I think back on them now. I know some good meetings took place, and I distributed a couple of boxes of materials, but the details elude me right now. I do remember that the weather was bad and that the drivers and crews of the formula one race teams were staying in the hotel. The Shanghai Grand Prix took place while we were there. (I knew all the media and fans weren’t outside the hotel to see me enter my bus the morning after I arrived….)


I’m in Beijing now. Yesterday I made 18 individual 20 minute presentations to teams of study abroad agents. I could hardly remember my name at the end of the day. On the way to dinner, I asked a fellow tour member if I looked as bad as I felt. He said, “Let me take you picture. Like the saying; it’s worth a thousand words.”

I offer the words to you here below.


I’ll be OK after a good night’s rest.


4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Whew, glad to see you looking so rested. Hee. Thanks for that laugh, sorry it was at your expense. Hope there is some rest in your future BEFORE the flight home!? Just reading that schedule made me tired Dad!
Kisses from Maryland,
Gretchen

Candyce said...

Ay sounds like you have been a busy man! Glad you were able to see so many people! Haha love the picture - you've gained a little weight I see, and I think shrunk in height? :) Take care! We miss ya!

Patti said...

I hadn't checked the past two days to see if you had posted yet. Gretchen alerted me to them. Love the picture! Obviously your intense schedule hasn't dampened your sense of humor.

Love - P

Ana Liza said...

It makes me happy to hear that your appetite has not been impacted by your travels. You look very well-fed!